Friday, October 17, 2014

Growing Up Odd Quilt Finish

This week I finished my Growing Up Odd quilt.  You can find the tutorial at one of my favorite scrap quilt tutorial sites -- Wedding Dress Blue.  This quilt is California twin sized.  My niece longarm quilted it with BRIGHT ORANGE thread!!!  I was worried at first, but it reminds me of jeans from the 80's.  It was quilted with the Egyptian Eye pattern.

 
The back was a stash buster for all those novelty fabrics that my great nephew likes.  He helped pick them from our stashes.

 
I am linking up with Janet at Simply Pieced for TGIFF.
 

4 comments:

  1. That quilt is scrap-tastic and the orange thread is a fun addition to the whole quilt! Thanks for linking up with TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I really hope he likes it. This is the first Growing Up Odd quilt I have seen finished, including my own. I would love to put it in the gallery and share it in a blog post. Great job--orange thread and all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the huge scrappy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute quilt! I've just finished a couple of strip buster quilts, and the colours in this one look a lot like what I have used. BTW Kathy sent me over to take a peek at this one.

    ReplyDelete